Full Time or Part Time
Up to 37.5 hours per week
Permanent or Freelance
16th April 2021
About this role
Orange Moon Training is entering a period of rapid growth across several regions with strong demand for our various childcare and education training programmes. We are looking to grow our team of tutors to deliver our traineeship programme across all regions. Specifically, we need highly experienced individuals who have a minimum of 3 years prior experience in childcare or education and / or working to support people to get into work (employability training) and who are able to understand and nurture a diverse workforce of people working with children.
Our Academy Programme is an introduction for those thinking about entering the sector either as school leavers, experienced professionals looking for a career change or as a parent looking to return to work. The programme supports the needs of 2 distinct age groups, those aged;
- 16-24, funded through the Traineeship programme
- 25+, funded through other funding streams e.g. SWAPs (Sector based Work Academy Programmes), etc.
We only recruit individuals onto the academy who have demonstrated a passion for working with children. Your task will be to work with these learners, who will be a diverse cohort from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, and enable them to overcome a range of social or learning challenges and develop them into childcare or education practitioners with the aim of them improving the outcomes of the children they will work with.
We have flexible employment options, our positions are available on a salaried or freelance basis both full or part time.
About this company
Orange Moon Training is a specialist training provider with a mission to improve outcomes for children by providing high quality training to childcare and education practitioners. We have been training practitioners to work in schools, nurseries, pre-schools and as home based educators (childminders) since 2010.
To deliver our Academy programme programmes across Greater Manchester and surrounding areas to;
- To teach, tutor, support and assess learners enrolled onto our academy programme up to level 2.
- Support Academy learners to achieve one of 3 desired outcomes, i.e. progress onto and apprenticeship, further education or into other employment
- Develop learner’s employability skills
- Develop learner’s literacy and numeracy skills up to functional skills level 2
- Provide career guidance
- Work with our network of employers to supervise learner placements ensuring learners gain a rich placement experience
- To develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of learners to prepare them for work in the sector
To ensure your cohort of learners complete their programmes to the required standard, in the timeframe agreed and achieve the best possible outcomes based on their ability and performance.
To deliver both work-based and classroom-based programmes, including functional skills from level E3 to level 2 where required, using both physical and online tools and techniques.
To support the well-being of your learners through a quality pastoral support programme which will include:
- Safeguarding & prevent, equality & diversity and health & safety
- additional learning support where required
- English as an additional language support
- mental health and well being
- SEND and gifted & talented.
To maintain positive working relationships with employers
Maintain full and accurate monthly records of teaching and learning and pastoral support.
To ensure the quality of your delivery is rated as good or outstanding by our stakeholders including learners, employers and inspection bodies.
To produce paperwork as directed by the administration team that is fully complete, accurate and compliant.
To work with the delivery manager to ensure your delivery and record keeping is compliant with OMT policies, procedures and administration needs, Ofsted requirements, audits from ESFA and our prime providers.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Early Years Assessor Tutor and / or delivering traineeship / employability programmes.
- Experience supporting the delivery of functional skills maths and English, although we employ specialist tutors so this would not be a key element of your role.
- A driver with own car and willing to travel within your region and occasionally to Head Office in Nottingham and to other regions to support other team members as required.