Kent & Essex
Full Time or Part Time
Up to 37.5 hours per week
Permanent or Freelance
16th April 2021
About this role
Orange Moon Training is entering a period of rapid growth across several regions with strong demand for our various childcare and education training programmes. We are looking to grow our team of assessor / tutors across all regions. Specifically, we need highly experienced individuals who have a minimum of 3 years prior experience as an Early Years practitioner in a private nursery, school nursery, as a childminder or in another Early Years setting and who are are able to understand and nurture a diverse Early Years workforce.
We have flexible employment options, our positions are available on a salaried or freelance basis both full or part time.
About this company
Orange Moon Training is a specialist training provider with a mission to improve outcomes for children by providing high quality training to childcare and education practitioners. We have been training practitioners to work in schools, nurseries, pre-schools and as home based educators (childminders) since 2010.
To deliver our various Early Years training programmes across Kent & Essex:
- To teach, tutor, support and assess learners undertaking those qualifications from Level 1 up to level 5 including in our academy and apprenticeship programmes.
- To develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours of our apprenticeship and traineeship learners to enable them to successfully complete their programme and to secure sustainable employment, enter into further education or progress in their current career.
To ensure your cohort of learners complete their qualifications to the required standard, in the timeframe agreed and achieve the best possible outcomes based on their ability and performance.
To deliver both work-based and classroom-based programmes, including functional skills from level E3 to level 2 where required, using both physical and online tools and techniques.
To support the well-being of your learners through a quality pastoral support programme which will include:
- Safeguarding & prevent, equality & diversity and health & safety
- additional learning support where required
- English as an additional language support
- mental health and well being
- SEND and gifted & talented.
To maintain positive working relationships with employers
Maintain full and accurate monthly records of teaching and learning and pastoral support.
To ensure the quality of your delivery is rated as good or outstanding by our stakeholders including learners, employers and inspection bodies.
To produce paperwork as directed by the administration team that is fully complete, accurate and compliant.
To work with the delivery manager to ensure your delivery and record keeping is compliant with OMT policies, procedures and administration needs, Ofsted requirements, audits from ESFA and our prime providers.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an Early Years Assessor / Tutor
- At least 3 years prior experience working as an Early Years practitioner.
- Experience supporting the delivery of functional skills maths and English, although we employ specialist tutors so this would not be a key element of your role.
- A driver with own car and willing to travel within your region and occasionally to Head Office in Nottingham and to other regions to support other team members as required.